Remember that time I promised you I’d be posting more often? Yeah, well…hmm…about that.
I had been debating taking this blog down for some time because, as evidenced by my sparse posting, I haven’t had much time for it. But, a lot has transpired in the past few months in my life, both personally and professionally, and after much contemplation, I had a change of heart. Here’s what’s been going on and what I hope to share with you in the next couple of weeks and months:
- I moved in with The Boy, and as a result, my commute to work went from <5 min to 35-40 minutes (on a good day), each way. This prompted me to…
- resign from my volunteer coaching position, for a myriad of reasons I intend to share in a later post because I think it’s a great case study for what not to do in volunteer management
- I had my two year anniversary at my job
- I scored a promotion/title change
- I was listed as a young nonprofit influencer in 50 Young Nonprofit Influencers You Should Be Following, by Rosetta Thurman.
- I helped organize and moderated a panel on Communications/PR 2.0 for YNPNdc‘s Social Media Summit
- I’ve started a networking group for young disabilities services pros in the DC metro area.
What does this mean for you? Well, in the last couple of months, it’s been reaffirmed to me time and time again how important connecting and sharing experiences, both professionally and personally, is in furthering my personal mission and also to “pay it forward” and help upcoming young pros and my peers achieve success. So, I intend to keep doing just that.
What do you want to know from me/what are you looking for? Did you come here because you were interested in public relations, nonprofit communications, or disabilities services? Let me know in the comments, and I’ll try to share what I can to help you achieve your success.